List sort/filter problem

Hello guys :slight_smile:

I have a huge list that I want to filter by keys. But it doesn’t work for some reason. I am missing something. I would like to see Item 0 and Item 6 from the main list. In the link I have added the dynamo file. Any input would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Dynamo file

Hello again,

Maybe I try to rephrase my problem :slight_smile:
This is how dynamo creates excel now, it filters the list by “DW” and thats good. The problem is it does not take any other values that should follow together, like f.eks. Element ID. What I need to do in order to see the rest of the values?

Hi Pavel,

Are the other values Instance Parameter or Type Parameters?

The Element.Parameters node can only retrieve Instance Parameters (see here http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/get-parameter-value-by-name/)

Hello Giovanni,

All other values are instance parameters :slight_smile:

So the problem is in the way you combine the values…When you filter the list with string.contains you are removing all the values apart from the column “DW”. See attached screenshot: the nodes highlighted in blue are the ones you need to add.
Reports & Data revit to xlsx.dyn (77.7 KB)

Please also see an alternative definition attached.
report and data.dyn (15.3 KB)

Cheers

Ciao Giovanni,

It seams to work well :slight_smile:

Grazie mille

Hey, Guys,

Just started working with Dynamo and I need your help. I am trying to filter some elements by names. I used String.StartsWith or String.Contains. But if I need to filter more elements than one, I need to use more same nodes. Is there a way to filter a list of element names from other list without adding too much String.Contains nodes?

Thanks!

@julius11 Here is one of the possible way to filter elements by name.

1 Like

Thank You, Kulkul!
I see this one was too easy for you :slight_smile: