List order will match after filter by booleans and calculate new parameter values?

Hello dynamons!

Im still working on pipes, so now i have to calculate insulation (U) with TWO parameters that i already have (interieur diameter (DI), Material) with ONE that i still have to calculate (exterieur diameter(Dext, depends of Di and Material)) and ONE fix number(8).

The problem here is that i dont know if the list will still save the same order, for example in the next image, will the new list with the U value still match with the right insulation type row ?

We have 6 parameters, i wanted to add a 7th list item for U calculation BUT with all the booleans im afraid that at the end all the work is for nothing because lists wont match and i wont be able to make them match again.

This is what i was thinking to do .

For Dext

• Di is PVC? , those who are true are going to do a “If Di > 25 add 6mm, If Di > 35 add 8mm…”
    -Those who are false are Steel? … same but different add values
    -Those who are false are Copper? … same but different add values
    -And so on

For insulation

• Just apply the formula for each row in lists (so its important to have Dext Di and Insulation type on the same row)

Any thoughts? i feel that separate lists by true or false is a mistake and maybe you have a better solution

As a first step I recommend you use a single Element.GetParameterValueByName node, with a list of items and a list of values, and set the lacing to cross product.

Im not sure if i get what you’re saying, do you mean that i can do all the work in the 1st image, with only 1 node of getparametervalue ? and that i can do a list of values (the strings) and match them with cross lacing and that will give me the same result ?

Otherwise i didnt really get it :slight_smile:

Hey! I did this now, apparently the order is fine (didnt had to do booleans) but im having troubles with the ecuation, it doesnt work for every item in the list it only works for 1 (like separated code blocks with one number for each variable)

I think you want to send the string to number value as your Lambda, not the Object.Type.

1 Like

omg! i though it was like the watch node, thank you!

1 Like