Linked File - Place family by face & Rotate (inclined elements)

hi everyone, Trying to place family by faces of linked file. but I’m not able to set rotation properly. also I’m using surface areas to get top surface, so please suggest the easy way to select top surfaces.

LINK FILE.rvt (1.8 MB)
place by face & rotate.rvt (2.8 MB)
SIM_ELE_MASK.rfa (1.1 MB)

Hi @vishalghuge2500 seems something wrong with the familys origin, but you could try something here…
Revit_mqiRxA2zWf

@sovitek
rotation is perfect now but faces are not parallel to each other.

arh you want them to slope ?, then i think you need to edit your family and uncheck for"always vertical…without that it isnt even possible manuelly

yes I have tried this one also but not able to place them correctly.
also tried with familyinstance.ByFacepoints

I think in that case i would try made the family as 2 point adaptive and could probably work as you say with .by face point, if you edit the family…

Edit i have give it a try if you uncheck always vertical and check worplane based in your family…something here works…

1 Like

hello, Mr. Sovitek, are you in Revit 2024 with bimorph 5.0?

Cordially
christian.stan

Hi Christian…no my example was in 2023 …is that the newest version ? the newest one works in 2024…not sure its called 5.0…allright see now you dont have the latest version as you get the warning int 64

1 Like

ok, I suspected that it was a dumpling still on my side,
am going to down in package version then thank you

edit:
it worked well except that I had forgotten to filter the surfaces (in badger mode I am today) :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

heheheh :wink: looks funny is it a MEP project :wink:

1 Like

there will be no shortage of welds, glues, fittings, for sure :grinning: :grinning:

Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

@sovitek

thanks, its worked
but Could you please explain this part?
I don’t understand this, line.Direction with vector.AngleaboutAxis nodes

1 Like

Yes sure,i find the topsurface perimeter curves and just take the first for measure the direction…here is a good explanation…

https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/Geometry/Vector/Action/AngleAboutAxis

1 Like