Learning Python basics in Dynamo

Hi All,

i’m trying to expand my knowledge of Dynamo with the power of Python.
Does anyone know of a good starting point for learning the basics of Python, within the Dynamo workflow?

My suggestion is to buy a intro-level Python book, read this article: https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/wiki/Python-0.6.3-to-0.7.x-Migration and generally open Clockwork, Archi-lab, spring nodes, Rhytmn packages and others and see what is going on under the hood!
Good luck! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

also google things before posting here - generally all questions have been answered. Stack Overflow is also a good place to go before asking here Python specific questions.

Hi jostein,

Your link is indeed a good starter…also started by looking at the python nodes from clockwork.

Thanks for your reply

Hi Konrad,

It is just that sites are either talking about python OR talking about dynamo…not about Dynamo AND python together.

Was just asking if someone knows a good resource where these two are explained for a starting python/dynamo user.

1 Like

Yeah, I see what you mean. In that case, I would strongly agree with @jostein_olsen to peek under the hood of any nodes that are already there. It’s the fastest way to learn.

1 Like

This site, that popped up recently, has a lot of thoroughly explained dynamo/python examples:

8 Likes

Great link, @Dimitar_Venkov

At a first glimpse, this is what i am looking for.
Integration / explanation of Python within Dynamo…this should get me started, together with the helpfull tip of @jostein_olsen.

Thanks for sending this link.