Learning Python basics in Dynamo

Hi All,

i’m trying to expand my knowledge of Dynamo with the power of Python.
Does anyone know of a good starting point for learning the basics of Python, within the Dynamo workflow?

0 Likes

Rearrange list Challenge (Drawing Transmittal)
Learn how to use Program Python
Select Pinned Elements
Commenting code out causes python to fail

My suggestion is to buy a intro-level Python book, read this article: https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/wiki/Python-0.6.3-to-0.7.x-Migration and generally open Clockwork, Archi-lab, spring nodes, Rhytmn packages and others and see what is going on under the hood!
Good luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Python Nodes Basics

also google things before posting here - generally all questions have been answered. Stack Overflow is also a good place to go before asking here Python specific questions.

0 Likes

Hi jostein,

Your link is indeed a good starter…also started by looking at the python nodes from clockwork.

Thanks for your reply

0 Likes

Hi Konrad,

It is just that sites are either talking about python OR talking about dynamo…not about Dynamo AND python together.

Was just asking if someone knows a good resource where these two are explained for a starting python/dynamo user.

1 Like

Yeah, I see what you mean. In that case, I would strongly agree with @jostein_olsen to peek under the hood of any nodes that are already there. It’s the fastest way to learn.

1 Like

This site, that popped up recently, has a lot of thoroughly explained dynamo/python examples:

8 Likes

Creating a Python Loop & Mirroring a Family
Python Nodes Basics
How to create railing by CurveLoop

Great link, @Dimitar_Venkov

At a first glimpse, this is what i am looking for.
Integration / explanation of Python within Dynamo…this should get me started, together with the helpfull tip of @jostein_olsen.

Thanks for sending this link.

0 Likes