Issue getting correct phase from linked families

Hi all, I am trying to get and filter by phase created for some families in a linked model. This worked for mechanical equipment with the nodes boxed in red but when I go to use the same method on a set of specialty equipment that method errors out for some cases/phase. I read some forums that said there was sometimes multiple or mismatched parameters so tried to get the built-in parameter instead. I used a node to get the BIP then tell me the name but the name doesn’t match what I see in Revit. It looks like it has an issue reading the New Construction phase in either method.

The node probably assumes you want to check the active document for phases. Existing works because it’s a default phase for Revit and therefore would exist in both projects. The other phases fail because they don’t exist in your active doc.

You can try getting the phase name with AsValueString() and then compare to your linked document. Otherwise you’ll have to do this in python where you can check the phase Id in the correct link document.

@Nick_Boyts any idea why it works for the mechanical linked file but not the architectural linked file? The New Construction phase is in all three files (elec, mech, arch) and is named the same.

Hard to say exactly without seeing the phases, but it’s not about the name. It’s about the PhaseId. If the New Construction phase was recreated in the arch file then it would have a different Id and not match the others.

There’s also the chance that phase mapping or phase filters are preventing the other arch phases from being recognized. I wouldn’t think that would cause an issue here, but it’s worth confirming. Phases are finicky.

Thanks for the quick reply, I found this Clockwork node that seems to work well. It grabs the phases of those linked elements and returns the correct phases and then the element.name works to filter.