Is there a Appearance Set Properties node? (For layered schema)

Revit version 2023

Is there a node like Material Set Properties but for appearance node using layered schema? or nodes like “set color” but for roughness etc. Or any other ways to edit an appearance properties trough dynamo.

EDIT: I have tried orchid sample files, but I couldn’t get it to work and also didn’t see a option to edit roughness in there. But I am new to revit and dynamo so I might have missed something obvious to a more experienced user.

I am not sure about nodes, but if it can be done through the API like Jeremy did here, then it’s possible to do in Dynamo.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve seen this already but was hoping there was a way to do this with nodes. Will look in to this more.

BR Brian

Hi,

Which properties do you want to edit ?

Hi we are looking to pipe values that are based on PBR materials in 3ds max so it would be these:

• Diffuse color.
  • Normal.
  • Roughness.
  • Metalness.
  • Specular.
  • Height.
  • Opacity.
  • Ambient occlusion.
  • Anisotropy

But they would be simplified so we would need to edit color, roughness and metalness and maybe the possibility to use one of the revit base textures for metal materials. Would metal materials need to be based on the metal schema or can it be created with the layered schema?

Other values would be a plus, but not important.

Thank you for all the help with my other questions @Alban_de_Chasteigner !

Hi Brian,

I can’t write a node for every appearance asset property. But instead you can find a new node on Github
(Right click and Save As on the Raw button.) Drop the new node in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.13\packages\Genius Loci\dyf
You can find the name of the property with the AppearanceAsset Get Properties node.

Result :

1 Like