Is it possible to create new (not shared) parameters for families?

Hello

Is it possible to create new (not shared) parameters for families? If not, are there any custom nodes available yet?

Thank you for your help.

Have a look at the Orchid package.

1 Like

Mabye have a look at this I used @erfajo package for this what works great!

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/adding-multiple-family-types-paramaters-to-multiple-family-files/24749/10

1 Like

Thank you erfajo!
I just instaled Orchid. I was searching through the nodes available and found Parameter.AddParameter which is capable of creating new parameters for an .rfa family.
I want to create a new parameter for all family instances of a Family inside a Revit model and so, ideally, it would be great if i could add the parameters direclty to all instances of that Family, which are on the model, instead of adding them first to the Family.rfa file.
For example, for the family “TPF-Pump” (of category Mechanical Equipment) I want to add the parameter “Marca” under the group parameter “Identify Data”, for all instances of the Family “TPF-Pump” present in the Revit model.
Which nodes are more suitable to do so?

Thank you erfajo.
Which out of the box (ootb) nodes (nodes that come installed with Dynamo) do you think are more suitable? I haven’t found any which could help me.
Also, where can I find your comparative nodes?

~

Thank you erfajo.
For now I have decided to edit all families. However, I am doing it with .NET C# instead. Hopefully it works.

Thank you! I will have a look at your samples.
I was divided into doing this with Dynamo or .NET C# in Visual Studio. I opted by doing it in VS and I managed to do what I wanted.