Instances vs. System Family elements

API is able to deal with system families for managing parameters, as many addins do. Family Instance is specific for loaded families. We have a wall node, and a wall type select node. I think that the nodes dealing with family instance should deal with revit elements in a more generic way, do that your example work. First chance would be to have a custon node with some Python inside, second will come from dev team.

The more I look at it, it seems that Revit API deals differently with System families (walls, floors, roofs, rebar, etc.) System families return things as shown above. Component families return "...DB.FamilyInstance" which works properly rather than "...DB.Wall or ...DB.Floor"

I guess if the API has restrictions for modifying the parameters of system families it may not be possible?

I think some nodes for system families are required here. You should post this as a Github issue here https://github.com/ikeough/Dynamo/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open

Hi, Did anyone come to a resolution here? I have a graph in Revit 2020 where I’m able to see the “Enable Analytical Model” parameter for walls (after they are set to Structural), but that parameter is not visible in Revit 2023 Dynamo. I used the Element.Parameters node for a wall the parameter isn’t in the list. Do we have to unwrap or something?

Here is Revit 2020

Here is Revit 2023

I looked through the list to see if it was order differently or named differently, but could not find it.

Thanks in advance!
AWH

Well, I should have done just a little more research. In 2023 the separated the analytical model from the wall.

Help | Analytical Model Migration Guide - What’s Changed? | Autodesk