Inserting View but multiple files at once

Hello everyone!

I am currently inserting multiple drafting views into this one master Revit model; however as you already know, I can do it one by one… there are about hundreds of views that I need to put and it’s just too inconvenient.

I tried to google to see if I could come up with a dynamo script where I can select all the drafting view files in one folder location and eventually inserting them into my Revit model.

Is that even possible?
Thanks!

Yes think you will need background open document and then copy the drafting view into you document…Rhythm have a node there can do that :wink:

Thank you for the response!

I was able to find those nodes from Rhythm but my difficulty is getting Drafting views from the list of rvt models that I have @ folder location. I found some python codes and tried to manipulate on my own but due to my amateur coding skill, it was no good… Is there any package that has ‘get drafting view from location’ type of node?

try something .

Thank you for showing me a different way of solving this issue!
However, I’m getting an error from DynamoDocumnetToDbDocument node.
Not sure why I’m getting these miscelleneous errors here and there. Only at those moments that it should work perfectly but somehow don’t…

however, when I do it with only one file, it works… do I have to play around with lacing?

feed in a directory…try do as here

PS and please dont made duplicate post

1 Like

I apologize for making a duplicate post!!
Thank you very much for your help so far. Those errors got solved by playing around with lacing.
Everything is good to go except this node where it’s throwing an error. I checked all the lacings and made sure everything is correct but not sure why this is being thrown. thank you very very much for your time!

OK can you show your graph with all nodes expended…another thing when ypu transfer from many files you had to be sure they all have unique names…any way think its some lacing

Home.dyn (25.6 KB)

So sorry for taking your time!!! Not sure why this is throwing an error…

Set laicing to auto or a flattern after your view…its just in my exemple i transfer multiple view from multiple files :wink:

no good haha my computer is weird :frowning: tried to play around with lacings for CopyDraftingViewFromDocument node but no good also.

save your file and restart probably when you try your files havent been closed down

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I just restarted my entire revit session and it worked. I guess its one of those weird glitches!!!

Thank you very much for your time and I wont make a duplicate post!!!

1 Like