I’m on a mission to be able to insert aligned dimensions between standard fittings on a selected view.
The measurement needs to be from both centers. Like that basically:
I identified a couple of step to accomplish this:
- Get all pair of fittings that each pipes are connected to (I used MEPover to accomplish that)
- Get the center points using Element GetLocation node so I end up with pairs of points
- Create lines for each pair of points
- Offset the line so i can place the dimension
- Insert all the dimensions
Here’s the script:
Dimensions_center_fittings.dyn (1.1 MB)
So I tried using the Dimension ByReferences node, but I’m clearly using it wrong since I have a null result. I’m pretty sure that its the way I’m using the references input of the Dimensions ByReferences node that is wrong.
How can this be solved?