Input special characters in text.create?

how do I create text with the square symbol, degree symbol, ’ , and " ?
I am assuming I open up a code block and feed it into text.create, but I am unsure how to get special characters to be inputted.

I have coding experience, but this is my first time trying out dynamo.

Look at the Windows Character Map. Select the symbol you want to insert and if it has an Alt + code at the bottom, use that in your string or code block. Some of the symbols may not have an Alt code, so you can get those by copying the symbol from the character map box and pasting into your text.

2 Likes

alt code is the first thing I tried but it doesn’t show up?

ok it works for degree sign but it doesn’t work for square sign like m²

doesn’t work for “ ” ² alt code 0147, 0148, 0178.

Try shift and alt. If that doesn’t work, maybe someone else has additional input.

m²°’“”’"
not sure what shift alt is suppose to do?

Sometimes shift has to be pressed in conjunction with the alt key. I tried alt+0178 and got it to work in dynamo. m² is using alt+0178. x² was using the copy paste option. By the way, I used alt+0178 when I typed in the values in the previous sentence here. It may be different in Autocad.

EDIT
Actually Alt+0178 works in Autocad

it turns out its the default style that is not supporting special characters.
How do I specify style for text.create?

Please explain what programs you are using and what it is that you are trying to do.

sorry my bad.
Trying to something for civil 3d
Dynamic blocks, similar to dimensions labelling but for bearings - Autodesk Community - Civil 3D
I want to look around for the best way to build this

I should have asked beforehand. Apologies for misleading you. I don’t have any knowledge of Civil 3D. Maybe someone else can provide input.