IndexOf Points

Hello,

I’m trying to match the foundations I have in Revit according to the column standing on top of them. I got the loads of the columns in an excel file, that why I need to order the foundations in the same order as the columns, to list it with the excel.

Because their origin is not completely the same and there are also 7 columns more, I used the closestPoint method, to find the matching columns to the foundation, but I still need to change the order, so it matches the original order with the columns.

Long story short: The IndexOf- Function is not working with my points, even though they should be the same points. Someone could tell what’s my mistake? Or have a better solution for my problem in general?

I guess you need to set this to L1 first?

to compare all other geometries to each geometry.

The comparison is already working right. It shows me the closest column to my foundations, I just need to change the order, because I want to have the foundations in matching order to the columns

Hola amigo @newshunhk buenas. there is a diferent aproach, have you tried Element.GetLocation using manual selection? i think you must Name youre columns (By Axe intersection maybe) and try to get that intersection and that list make it match with youre excel list, i’m guessing i don’t really know wath criteria filter the columns are you ussing, hope these ideas helps you!!