Increased file size of exported .rfa file

Hey friends! So i have a .dwg file, and when i export it in revit to a .rfa file it increases in file size from 200kb to 1600kb. I am wondering why this is? I will attach my dynamo file which does the export. And please feel free to help me reduce the file size! :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

If you import the dwg into the rfa and then save the rfa manually, what do you get for a file size?

We would need the rfa and dwg as well to help.

When i do this (kmport manually), the file size is 1000kb :slight_smile:

For the .rfa i just have a template entourage family file where i import the .dwg file into

Also purge unused, and removing all materials reduced the file size to 972kb which is good but still waaay far from the original size

The 200kb family has no data in it. Putting the DWG into the file will make the file size larger. Without seeing the dwg we can’t see what the options are to reduce the file size.

the 200kb file is a .dwg not a .rfa just fyi! :slight_smile:
yellow_banana.dwg (198.8 KB)
here is the .dwg file! :slight_smile:

Ah. Comparing the size of a dwg to the size of an rfa is an exercise in futility. They aren’t the same, and have differing structures and uses. Ie: dwg has layers, Revit does not. I still haven’t managed to set my desk up after my move but will try to circle back to this once I do so.

Aah darn it… thank you alot jacob! I will try digging around to see if i can get the size lower somehow. Have a nice weekend!

1 Like