Inconsistent Conversion Between Revit and Dynamo Types

Hi all,

I’m having trouble with some inconsistent behaviour between users’ Dynamo scripts. The test setup is like so:

My computer: Revit 2017.2 using Dynamo 1.3.2.24 is returning ScheduleView elements, which are Dynamo objects converted from the equivalent Revit types:

Other Architect’s Computer: Revit 2017.2 using Dynamo 1.2.1 is returning ViewSchedule elements, which are unconverted:

ViewSchedule

On their computer I’m also unable to convert to a Dynamo equivalent; UnwrapElement() is simply returning the ViewSchedule object again.

Has anyone come across this before? It means I’m able to run certain scripts on some architects’ computers and not others. One thing to note; my All Elements of Type node is slightly thicker and has a preview window. I don’t know if this is from a recent update to Dynamo, or if it offers a clue - I’m convinced this isn’t just a misleadingly-named custom node from another package!

Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Ollie

if you look at the diff between 1.2.1 and 1.3 it appears there are some changes to the viewSchedule wrapper type.

3 Likes

Thanks Michael,

I would have never thought to check here! A simple update to version 1.3.2 should fix this :slight_smile:

Ollie