Importing PolySurfaces from SAT file

I created a set of SAT files with polysurfaces using the ExportToSAT node.
this seems to have worked, I can even import them into AutoCAD and see that each unique polysurface is distinct from the others.

the trouble is when I use the ImportFromSAT node.
the objects in the SAT file come in as Surfaces, not polysurfaces.
I am comparing the list of polysurfaces to other data exported to excel in the first section so I need the number of items to match, which wont happen if everything is basically exploding when i bring it in.

Is this normal for the ImportFromSAT node and I need to alter my workflow?
or is there something going wrong?

thanks,

I don’t believe that SAT supports polysurfaces. AutoCAD is likely grouping the surfaces in the import object, rather than as a single polysurface in the import object.

Polysurface.ByJoinedSurfaces should work in the context of Dynamo though.

Thank you,

It sounds like I need to change my current workflow to not use polysurfaces.

another related question.
when I export geometry to a SAT file does the order of those items remain the same when I import them?

I think so, but it may be that you’d be better off with another interop method, depending on what you’re actually after.

Can explain why you want to export to SAT?

we have hundreds of drafting views that we need turned into detail items

I am specifically taking only the filled regions, detail lines and detail items within each drafting view.
exporting the geometry of those to SAT files, detail items are being exported and all other data around those regions, lines, families are being brough over in an excel document
All of the exporting is being done with one graph where the importing is being done with another.

the import graph will recreate fill patterns, filled region types, filled regions, Line Styles (actually subcategories as this is a family), detail lines, and place family instances

Try using the ToSolidDef / FromSolidDef nodes and a JSON format instead. The ToSolidDef will allow you to keep a consistent type which scales between Dynamo versions. The JSON format will allow you to store the original type (ie: if it was a surface, polysurface, polycurve, etc.) so you can do any conversions which the external format doesn’t allow, and will allow you to associate other data like line types, hatch pattern, etc. Basically each view would become it’s own JSON which could be inserted once all prerequisite data was in the template (ie: hatch patterns, line styles, etc.), and those prerequisites can be quickly identified by reading the JSON.

Thank you!

Sounds exactly like what Im looking for.
I will report back if/when I’ve figured it out.