Import Model Groups by List

Hi, I’m fairly new to Dynamo and have created a couple of scripts successfully. I’m currently working on a script that would take a list from an excel file and use it to import model groups based on that list.

I’ve discovered that the REVIT API doesn’t allow for importing groups(correct me if I’m wrong here), but I found a script that will copy and paste groups from a file. This would work for me, however if I setup a source file to copy and paste the groups from, I don’t want all of the groups to get copied over.

I’m hoping that someone can help me make modification to a python script node that would allow an input for the list of model groups to get copied.

I found a custom python script that will load all groups in a revit file, Load Groups into revit with Dynamo

The txt file in that thread by @NLDaniel is close to what I need, I just don’t know how to modify the script. I would like to have an input for a list to copy and paste only groups within the list.

Or maybe someone has an easier solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dear burtonridr,

I looked at your email today and I updated the script. Its very difficult to filter the groups on names. So I filtered the groups on element id’s

Just choose your element id’s and the script will only copy the elements what have the id of your choice.

Best regards,

Daniel Hadzic

Co-founder

Tel.: +31 (0) 6-53 80 44 38

Adress: Zenderseweg 67

Zipcode: 7665 TK

City: Albergen

Handtekening-en

Burtonridr.dyn (13 KB)