Import library in dynamo Revit

Hallo,

I try to import a .dll (zero touch node library) in dynamo Revit but if i remove it again form list of imported nodes and packages and restart dynamo (not Revit). i Try to load another .dll with the same name, dynamo load it but the old one.

Can anybody explain that and how can i correct that in dynmao Extenion if that possible.

Regards,

H.M

@h.moussa when you import a DLL into Dynamo, it adds the DLL (node library) path to the list of node and package paths in Dynamo. You could try removing the path to your old DLL by opening this dialog and clicking on the “-” button:

The next time you reopen Dynamo and you import your new DLL, it should add the path to that DLL and save it to the settings. You need to remember to manage these paths each time you want to change the locations from where you want to load these DLL’s.
If you’re already doing all of the above and are still seeing issues, please let us know.

Aparajit,

@Aparajit_Pratap Thank you for your reply. it works fine if you use dynamo sandbox but if you use dynamo in Revit you have to close dynamo and close Revit to get this result. That means that it works just for dynamo Sandbox and not for Dynmao in Revit Can i make a extension to avoid to cloes Revit or do you have another soluation.

Regards,
H.Moussa

@h.moussa this should work so what you’re seeing sounds like a bug. It would be great if you could file this as an issue on https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/issues. I also noticed that the “manage node and package paths” dialog does not allow you to directly add the full path to a DLL, it just lets you add a path, but if you import a DLL, it adds the full file path to that list. So there is an inconsistency there.

Another thing you can try is to directly edit the DynamoSettings.xml file in a text editor. You will find it in your AppData path, which looks like this: C:\Users\pratapa\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.10\DynamoSettings.xml. You can edit the node and package paths in the CustomPackageFolders attribute in the file, after you close Dynamo, then relaunch Dynamo and see if that helps.

@Aparajit_Pratap First of all i want to thank you. Unfortunately nothing solve this issue. i will file this as an issue on https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/issues.
I wait the soluation.

Regards,

H.Moussa