Warning: The parameter's storage type is not a string

Hi Guys, I am a beginner at using Dynamo. I am trying to write from an Excel sheet to component parameters in Revit. However, I am constantly getting a warning, what am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

So the simple answer to your question is that to set a Type Parameter, you need to input a value which is a Type.

A node such as this might work?

You can input a text (‘String’) value which you read from Excel, the node will then select a Type (you will need the family name as well) to input as your parameter value.

I also find this node quite useful for establishing what data types I am getting from nodes…

I suspect you may get follow-on errors, as you are using quite a complex arrangement, which is simultaneously writing to and reading from a single excel.

I would recommend that you simplify your graph, just try and do 1 thing, with 1 element. If that works, incrementally increase the complexity. It makes it easier to see what the problems are :slight_smile:

Hopefully that helps, best of luck!

Mark

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you very much for your help, may I also ask isn’t it a problem that the name of the parameters is down, so basically I can not remove it?

Why did you add it to the list in the first place?

Also why not use BIM One for exporting to excel?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help, it solved all my concerns.

Best regards