Import data from excel failed

When i tried to import data from excel to replace the shared parameter value of pipe in my project , it applies only the value in 1st row. could you please help me? We transfer link for the file: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Hi Azhar, this could be a range of issues, could you tell us the error on the two nodes?

Hi joe, Thanks alot for the quick response. the error in two nodes is ‘‘The parameter’s storage type is not a number’’.
attched the screen shot of excel for your ease of understanding.

Hi Azhar, each parameter has a datatype, only data of that type can be entered. E.g you can’t set “Bananas” to the offset parameter. You can check the datatype in dynamo using the object.type node.

What that error is showing is that you are inputting the wrong type, the parameter storage is not a number. So you need to match the input to the datatype. For me the simplest place to check the parameter datatype is in Revit which the below link may help on.

From that parameter name, I can imagine the datatype is a string, which you can use string from object mode to convert:

Some extra information of parameters and there datatypes:

Thanks Joe, that was the issue. In the shared parameter data type was set as text and i was trying to write value as number through dynamo. thanks for the quick response.

1 Like