IFC link file Geometry

Hello,
I have been trying to extract geometry(solids) and intersection Points with revit Elements from an IFC file which has been generated from TRICAD application. Therefore, the Elements in this file consists of only lines and surfaces. How can i convert them into solids? or is there any other method to achieve the intersection Points of its Elements with revit Elements?

Warning:One or more geometries could not be converted due to the following error: The call does not clearly differentiate between the following methods or properties: Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry>, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem) and Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem)

Hi,
every IFC is different.
Some better programmed software can export IFCs with solid. So you can filter by type.
Export some IFCs from Revit and you will see.
But these IFCs with linies and surfaces (30K Elements) are terrible to calculate intersection points.
The calculation time is so high…most of the time your pc will crashing.
I would not do the clash detection with these IFCs and Dynamo. Use Solibri or Navisworks for this.

I totally agree with you.
Actually just wanted to place Opening Families at their intersection Points. Therefore, i thought Maybe if we could somehow convert them into solids might do the trick.

If you you are looking for example for every pipe in the IFC…it can be possible to get the surfaces and convert these to solids. But i had the problem 1/2 year ago…and there was every 1m pipe split into 100 pieces. It wasen’t possible with these data.