How would you map the last number to a letter?

I’m creating a list of elevations, I’ve used find and replace to rename the Elevation to a parameter on the Walls, but now I need to change the last number to a letter, 1 to a, 2 to b, etc. I’m thinking about mixing find and replace with a dictionary mapping through Z, since walls are split every 75 feet per page, I doubt they’ll ever need much longer than d or f anyways. But I’m not sure that’ll work at all and even if it does, I thought there might already be a node I’m not aware of yet. So, any thoughts on better logic to get there from here?

3 Likes

@Daan , thanks, this is what I’ve end up with so far, as long as they don’t go into double digits it should work, If I keep looking into regular expressions, I might find a way to extend it.

@Daan
it works all the way up to double ZZ at 702, but I can’t imagine they’d ever need more than that

Hello, a solution to separate while keeping Mr. Daan’s node (More efficient)

edit:
fixed problem with my letter sequence writing not working well
with the letter sequence up to 702 (there is plenty to do :wink:)

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

As long as you’re confident you won’t go over 26 views you can just create a simple sequence.

1 Like

@Nick_Boyts
this is closest to what I originally had in mind and definitely streamlined, thank you