How to write FamilyTypes and selected family files into PythonScript in the form of code?

How to write FamilyTypes and selected family files into PythonScript in the form of code?

You can use FamilyType.ByFamilyNameAndTypeName in DesignScript (or injected into Python if you want to go that route) or you could use something like FilteredElementCollector and check for specific FamilyType names if you wanted to use the RevitAPI. If you want to go as far as using the specific ElementId then that becomes even easier.

Hello, teacher. Can you help me write the code to start with? This is how to reference family files in Revit with PythonScript. Just in the form of code, not in the form of node connections. I’m a beginner, and I can’t write the first step. Can you help me write it, so I can learn from it?

This is not a forum for doing other people’s work for them. You need to show effort. You already have some DesignScript written in your original post so you shouldn’t have trouble converting the node that I mentioned. If you specifically want to do this in Python then I’d suggest looking through the Python training posts as a starting point.

1 Like