How to set the View Name to View Template name that is applied to the view?

Hi,

I’m new to the use of Dynamo and I try to get a script that renames my views in Revit. See pictures below.
I have tried on my own a little, but I do not get it working, nor can I find a solution to this when I search the web.

Is there anybody that can point me in the direction of a solutions?

Thank you. 2018-12-11_15-09-24

Show us what you’ve tried. It’s just setting a parameter value once you get the naming convention set up.

1 Like

Also, to clarify, is 542 Brann a parent view and the other views are children?

@jacob.small I believe that the OP has setup his Browser Organization to Group and Sort by View Templates like so:

That will result in all views with a View Template applied to them grouped under the same tree branch in the browser like so:

So now to the question asked. I believe that the OP wants to grab the View Template name from the view, and then suffix it to the view name. That can be done like so:

You will need archi-lab.net 2019.2.8 installed. This definition was created using Dynamo 2.0

3 Likes

That node should return the name of the BuiltInParameter. In this case it would be “VIEW_NAME”. Just use that instead of the node.

1 Like

Yes, so it’s not only more clarifying but it’s also quite different from what you asked for before.

The original question was answered. The solution will be VERY similar to what I presented, but this time YOU will have to do some work. This is a support forum, not “here’s my wish” forum. @Nick_Boyts was right. Show us some work.