How to Run Old Graph Set Up with IronPython2

Is there no way to run an old graph that has an IronPython node in it? See below for the errors I am seeing.

I have this package installed, and I know that it used to work but my old graphs are no longer working. I re-installed package and still have the same errors.

Just convert to CPython3. The 2->3 button at the bottom of your python script.
IronPython is on its way out , so might as well get started on conversion. Odds are there is nothing else that needs to be changed. There is some difference in how ILists are handled, but there are other posts here that describe those changes. The good news is there should be much better .Net integration in the future.

Outdated python engine - Developers - Dynamo (dynamobim.com)

Thanks for the info. In the 3rd image above that I have shared it says there is an error in the code and I am not able to attempt the migration. Not sure what I need to try and do there. This code used to run fine as I remember.

Would have to see the code. Most likely a formatting issue. The latest editor is fussy about tabs/spaces. It wants 4 spaces for indents. I’ve had to sometimes take out all my indents and put new ones back in. (The tab key will put in 4 spaces - not a tab.)

Ok - now everyone can argue about spaces vs. tabs. :wink:

Generally the main culprits for code no longer working in 2023 are API deprecations. The main ones are anything that Autodesk changed over to suit their Forge systems such as the unit conversions and specTypes for parameters. Otherwise code should usually run in IronPython2.7 without issues as long as the package is installed.

Sometimes converting using the 2>3 approach works, but other times there are major changes needed due to the nuances of both engines. An example is some List object methods that don’t always work which did in IP2.7 such as Add/Insert (at least in my experience).