How to run complex function for each item of a list

i want to run this custom node for each item of a list of walls

after many tries i got it to work with this graph

and i sincerely i dont know why it worked, and i need to know because ill use this method for other custom nodes, someone can explain me?

GerarMontantesEGuias.dyf (183.1 KB)
Gerar montantes e guias 2.dyn (9.5 KB)

1 Like

List.Map will take a function and map the given inputs to that function at their current list level. It used to be a must for application of mixed list structures before Dynamo 1.2 (or I think it was 1.2) when we got list levels, however currently we can utilize a properly configured node and clean data to get the results we are after.

In your case, try setting the input value of your custom node to @@L1 (at level one while maintaining list structure) and see if that gets you the results you are after. You may receive a warning due to the provided null data which is resulting from your List.GetItemAtIndex node, but it isn’t clear what that would be used for - you might as well go from the select model elements node to your custom node directly.

1 Like

@jacob.small i made a video, i want to archive all the results when sliding the number slider.

The node Getitematindex with transversal lacing archieves that, but it gets a waring, and how ive said, i dont know why it archieves that.

If you skip the List.GetItemAtIndex node and use the list levels as I indicated before does the node not work as expected?

@jacob.small no

Can you post a still image of the desired output with the List.Map? Hard to identify when it is/was working and I am without my cpu today.

@jacob.small
this is the output i want with the List.Map

all framed walls are selected in the node “select model”

Ok. Hard to see the specific structure here.

Try @L1 with longest lacing, cross product lacing, and other lacing configurations.

You may want to edit the input value of the custom node to have a defined type (ie: Element) so that the node defaults to utilizing a single element.

@jacob.small
i ve be playing with the graph and noticed something, in the second watch node there are 8 elements with the same id, they supposed to be different elements, so, instead of creating 8 distincts elements im creating 1 element?

ive found the problem, changed the input from Element to Element

2 Likes