How to print to network printers using dynamo

How can i print to network printers using dynamo?

Hi! That is a good question. Have you tried searching the forums to see if anyone else has asked this? Also, please see this post for asking questions on the forum: How to get help on the Dynamo forums

@Tom_Kunsman…yes i did and also outside the forum. I also read the link you provided regarding on how to asked help…i also search the forum but only come with one topic which has only givie a list of network printers which when i tried did not work. So i end up asking the forum. If you know the answer can you post please.

@4bimferdie.espiritu so, can you at least post what you have tried along with any error messages than? That will be helpful for those that are willing to help. I don’t know the answer, I am only trying to help you ask your question in a way that might get a response

@Tom_Kunsman
thanks for you reply.
I found the python code in this link Retrive a list of network prints
It is working and I can get the list of network printers.
What I do not have is a node to use to print to it. I tried using the PDF Print node from Archi-Lab but its giving error (obviously this node is for PDF) but I just tried anyway.
See below image for more details.

Hope anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks…in advance

Hi. Does anyone know if this can be done?

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi
Hi, do you know any solution to this?
thanks a lot. Also worth saying your UI++ is really worth using thanks for sharing this to the public.

Hi @4bimferdie.espiritu ,
Try setting the “CombinedFile” input to False. Only virtual printers can do combined files.
Always happy to know the UI is useful to people :slight_smile: !

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi
thanks for the suggestion, it still did not work, although your suggestion regarding the combined files is still worth investigating. I will instead remove this from the python code.

By the way, can you educate me on the correct manner on reusing someone’s code. For example I need to edit the PDF python that Konrad did and managed to make it work for my purpose and say I post it in the forum for others to use so we can help the forum. Do I need to ask Konrad for permission before posting or what is the correct protocol? Or for example if I expand the UI++ capability do I need to ask your permission?

Thanks again.

I’ll try and look into it a little more too on my side. It must be feasable.

I can’t speak for Konrad, but the moment I share my work in the package I know that everyone can alter it for improvement or else… I really don’t mind. You don’t have to ask me :smile: . I do appreciate when credit is given but that’s all that I can ask for… My purpose is to share useful stuff with the community because the community shared a lot of useful stuff with me .

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi
I think I got it working now, I just remove also the combined file part in the code. I also got it to worked on viewsets.

I will then use your UI++ so end user can choose either to print current view or a preset viewset.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@4bimferdie.espiritu It would be nice if you can share your final graph here so that it will help others with similar issues. Sharing is caring :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Kulkul
I will share of course. :slight_smile: