How to make the rectangles perpendicular to the curve at a point?

How to make the rectangles perpendicular to the curve at a point?C:\Users\Utente\Documents\a-2014\revit prove\revit forum

rotazione

rotazione1

Hey Alex,

Did you use the same method to generate the CS in the second picture? The axes don’t seem to be orientated consistently.

What I personally find easier is to first create the CS instances and then correct them according to my needs and then finally place geometry on the newly created CS with the Geometry.Transform node like so:

2014-12-19_124139

I hope that helps!

Thank Dimitar works perfectly:
I created the curved beams (in gray) with the rectangle and the curve

I can give a material, a property on the beams?
Thanks again for your cooperation
Excuse the language …travicurve

Hi Alex,

If you’re using the ImportInstance method to create your geometry, the only way I know of setting a material for that, is by importing it into a Conceptual Mass Family (not a project file) and exploding the newly created SAT element(the one with the long name, something like “c1b3b871-b06a-4fb7-9a3b-9b2567b829d1”) Then you will have to select the “FreeForm” elements left over from the explosion and you will finally be able to use the element.SetParameterByName node to apply the material properties.

2014-12-22_110043

Alternatively you could try creating FreeForm Elements from the start with the Form.ByLoftCrossSections node(take care you will need to use the one that takes lists of lists ). Also note that to create forms, you need model curves. That is why I convert the geometry curves with the ModelCurve.ByCurve node.

2014-12-22_112009

However I think there’s a bug with the “Form.” node and the result isn’t quite like I expect it to be:

2014-12-22_113100

So as a temporary workaround, you could do, is transpose the list and create the face geometry only:

2014-12-22_113309

That gets our export looking closer to what we have in Dynamo but still not quite there. Hopefully someone will look into that. You might need to increase the number of profiles to refine the output.

2014-12-22_115118

alex

Thanks for your cooperation Dimitar
I tried using the method described:

by importing it into a Conceptual Mass Family (not a project file) and exploding the newly created element SAT (the one with the long name, something like “c1b3b871-b06a-4fb7-9a3b-9b2567b829d1”)

beams disappear

I tried with a single beam —> disappears after explosion

Thanks for your cooperation and … Merry Christmas …

I attach the beam: orienta.dyn

orienta

Hello,

Forgot to mention this earlier, could you try the same workflow but with “Solid.ByLoft”? And then try to see if either partial explode/full explode works best for you.

2014-12-26_094658

Happy holidays!