How to lock the prepared dynamo scripts before sharing to other person?

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if we have any options like locking the scripts from editing or scripts in read only mode ? Because I want to share the scripts to modeler so that he should not change or should not make any changes to it. Do we have any option for locking ?

Hi,

You need to use the paid version of Orkestra to do this.
This allows the graphs to be streamed.

2 Likes

Okay Thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner

Please let me know if you are aware of any other methods to secure our scripts without paid services.

You could copy all your scripts from your “main” folder to a designated folder for the users. Then if they accidently break/ do something unwanted to the script you can just copy the other “good” script.

I don’t think there is a way directly through Dynamo to lock scripts/ prevent people from editing them.

1 Like

just use player…it doesnt open the script in the editor - also set the file to read only in windows.

3 Likes

You could keep your scripts in a read-only folder. Of course, users would still be able to save and modify their own copies, but it at least forces them to make a conscious decision to do so. I’ve found that most people don’t want to modify the graph. They just want it to work. Player is definitely a good way to keep people from even needing to open the dyn.

3 Likes