How to get from created solid, curves?

Hi everyone,

I have a problem.

The problem is that I have generated the geometry of a steel beam (it has a specified profile with a certain thickness, but it is hollow inside), and now I need to modify it to include a solid profile along with the center. Currently, I have generated the geometry of the outer beam, but now I need to find a way to incorporate the geometry of the center and create a single element. I was thinking of breaking down the beam into profile curves from which the beam is created, and then extracting the outer curve to create the outer geometry. (But I can’t seem to make it work; something is not functioning correctly.)

I’m not sure how to approach this.
Can someone help me with this?

This families are those rafters on picture.
I work on Revit 2022 then nodes should be to this version.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @krzysiektoja not sure, do you mean something here…

I can’t get Element LocationCurve, i dont know why, maby because this elements (rafters) are located in link ? I want to do it form existing solids with i generate from the revit link? Do you know the way to do it?

arhhh sorry forgot to mention that node is from Genius Loci :wink: and should work as well in 2022…yes its should be possible to do on linked columns or beams rafter etc as well…try Bimoph package for link

Hi @krzysiektoja here is an example for structural columns on a link…could probably help …

1 Like

hmm, still sth is wrong with my geometry

i try use other levels in geometryitersect but didn’t work.

Maby you can look on this from my file

Hi… better if you could share just a little bit of your rvt…just a small bite for test…main rvt and link…

but you could also try remove your lines from intersect node…you can try "remove if not "…node

EDIt sorry saw these file was included was just to lazy for open…hehehe…you know tour de france and dynamo ;9 :wink:

1 Like

You can also just rebuild the geometry assuming that the elements have a length and width (or radius/diameter) parameter.

1 Like

allright i have just give it a short try…you have some coordinates issue so first you need transform, or setup the project the right way…but try something

1 Like