How to filter out small wall intersections

Hello!

I am trying to group walls based on intersections, but have stumbled on a problem which I displayed in the screenshot.

The two outer (gray) walls have an interscetion even though it is only a line. I am not interested in this kind of intersctions. Could I filter them out based on some property?

I could maybe measure the ortagonal distance between the x coordinates of the max and min point of the Intersection BoundingBox, but for a large number of walls, that seems like a lot of computation…

Is there an easier way to do it?

Hello

filter by boolmask ?

you can filter walls by oriantation, “horzontal/vertical” and clash them.
Bouding box i would not recoment, when you angeled walls they do not match to the wall.

KR

Andreas

Tnx for the reply, but I am not sure if you understood my problem…

I am looking for walls that are intersecting, but would want to dissmis the ones that are intersecting only with one edge.

In my example there are three walls (actually wall parts but nevermind): 2 gray walls and the blue corner wall. When I try to group wall based on intersection, all three walls are in the same group beacuse the two gray walls share a edge.

I would like to dismis this small intersection based on some property, to be able to create two groups of walls (gray, blue - blue, gray).

Use list.count to count how many intersections each element has and filter out any that have less than 2?

1 Like

@borna.molnar-erhatic not sure I am totally getting your point, but why don’t you filter out wall lengths smaller than their width? Would that work for you?

hmmm, that sounds like a winner. But how would I get the count of intersections exactly?