How to create rectangular columns in Revit?

Hello everyone

I am trying to create rectangular columns in Revit from 4 polylines. When you run the Dynamo displays a warning and does not complete the sequence of nodes.

Please your help.

problems_column_1

problems_column_2

In Dynamo, please navigate to Help > Samples > Revit > RevitPlaceFamiliesByLevels_SetParameters and have a look at the sample file.

It shows how to place families. Columns are families, too. :wink:

You will only need the node you’re using if your columns are not vertical.

In the example the columns are created from points. Is it possible to create columns from polylines ?. For example you indicate me, that way I generate a point from a node selection that obtains in this case four polylines. I commented that the polylines are insertdas in Revit from an AutoCAD file.

Thanks.

Did you got it?

And how do you convert dwg file to polylines in revit?

A method to consider,

1. Get element geometry from DWG, gives you all curves
  2. Find sets of 4 joined curves that could indicate a rectangular column
  3. Find the centroid of the rectangle to insert column, create columns
  4. Use the offset geometry of the curves to then set some family parameters that will change the column geometry
  1. ok, i got it. i have some considerations to do, but can be done after.
  2. how to do this? is there a node?

@daniel.petrin this thread is pretty old and a lot of what was discussed above may confuse newbies instead of helping them find the right answer. Can you break this into a separate thread, linking back here as an example?

Would help to have a dwg file with the similar content to the type you’re trying to create as well.

1 Like

Of course Jacbo… thanks for this direction… !!