How to create a list with specific sequence from excel read coordinates

Hey guys, How to create a list of 3 pointed segment with length of 50, 3 points being start, mid, end points that lies on the alignment read from excel coordinate file. The new created list of lists will be with 50 incremental pattern with 3 elements in sub list. But it must lie on a path already defined. In other words, I am trying to change coordinates read from excel to user defined coordinates without loosing the alignment and direction.

If you want you can find the alignment i am using below. The node Read alignment from excel is from Dynabridge package.
AlignmentVer1.xlsx (11.2 KB)

Hi,

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do.

Do you mean something like this?

I don’t understand what you mean with

“The new created list of lists will be with 50 incremental pattern with 3 elements in sub list”

Let me know if this helps your case

1 Like

Yes, that is exactly what i wanted to do. I have curved path. and on those path i wan for example to have segments like 37m+32*55m+37m, totaling to a 1834m of curved bridge body. I also need start, mid, end point of each segment as in your picture. Can you, please, share ur script so that i can analyze it and learn from it. I am new to dynamo and programming. They way I did it was like in the pic below very complicated.

Okay, this is actually quite easy if you set some constraints.

You have a curve, which has a certain length (1834 meters)
You specify the segment length for the middle part (55 meters)
Based on these 2, you calculate the starting and ending length (37 meters) (So you cannot specify these, because you risk that you will not have 1834 meters in total)

With these contraints
DivideAlignmentIn3PointSegments.dyn (67.9 KB)

Thank you very much! this is exactly what i looked for

1 Like

Hey @Joelmick,

I have finally tried to incorporate your code into my bridge modelling code, however, I get an null error from a Curve.PointAtSegmentLength node which is inside the blue group. I couldn’t identify the reasons for it. It seems that the 6th element from the previous node is not in range of the curve but in fact it is the last point of the curve. Can you, please, help me with it?

Just in case, I will attach files here.
DivideAlignmentIn3PointSegments.dyn (67.9 KB)
AlignmentVer1.xlsx (11.2 KB)

Hey, sorry for this late reply.
when I run the graph with the files you sent it works fine.

Weird, because the final segment length is in range, it is the endpoint of the alignment. Which version of Dynamo and Revit are you using? I tested this with 2019 and Dynamo 2.0 and it worked fine.

Hey, I don’t know why there was a problem with the code. But I have used your logic and made almost exact code as yours and it worked fine then. However, when i opened the file you have sent to me, i get an error described above. i use revit 2021 and lates version of dynamo. Thanks, again I am getting better and better with dynamo by reverse engineering the custom packages and with the help of urs. I have almost completed bridge modelling code right now. Thanks!