How to connect Dynamo to a web-based system

Is it possible to create a web system using Python script in Dynamo and send all data extracted from Revit to a pre-designed Web system?’

Sure. However, keep in mind that Dynamo uses IronPython and you’ll have to stick to dotNet solutions. You can find a lot of examples of simple web servers on the net, however most of them will be targeting C# or VB.Net and you’ll have to translate them to python’s syntax yourself. Here’s a the first few examples that pop up from google:

And of course, because your server will be running on top of Dynamo, it will die every time you close Dynamo and Revit, which would make it kind of useless…

Can I make it dynamic which in case of any changes in Revit model, the data in the Web gets updated

Possibly.

Could you please share me a link or video of it if you have?

The first suggestion that was given to you was a paid platform for a very good reason. What you’re asking for is going to be a monumental task and the amount of work required to create, maintain and update something like it would simply be humongous for an individual to tackle.

If you scale down your expectations and limit your scope to a few specific items, you might be able to cobble something up from existing solutions (open source deployable web servers, databases, etc.), but each of those will come with its own API and specifics and will require a ton of “glue” code to fit it all together and in the end Dynamo will be just a tiny piece of the whole.

But I need to know Revit API which I don’t now. Since I am working with Dynamo, I want to solve this issue in Dynamo

If you’re not willing to learn Revit’s API - which, as you’ll find, is much better documented than the majority of the open source solutions out there - accomplishing all of the above will be nigh impossible…

7 Likes