How to coonect Dynamo to Revit project and get all useful information from a project?

Dear DynamoBIM community, please help a beginner in Revit and Dynamo to sort out with this monsters. If there is a full video tutorial of Dynamo and Revit API I will be very appreciated.
P.S. How to connect Dynamo to Revit project and get all useful information from a project?

Start by checking out the Dynamo Primer. It covers all you need to get started. Be sure to do every exercise (don’t just read it), skipping nothing no matter how basic or unrelated to what you envision using it for in the end. They are all useful conceptually as the exercises were designed to teach the ideas behind various aspects of computational thinking.

The Revit API isn’t required to begin using Dynamo. I recommend people start small and work their way up.

Dynamo is connected to Revit by launching it from the manage tab (or add ins tab for versions prior to 2017). Getting the “useful information” can be done in a variety of ways, all of which require knowledge of how your Revit model was set up and what you are after. There are many great examples of this on the forum - browse around or search for a specific thing you want to try and you’ll likely see what I mean.

Before you go too far, be sure to give the primer a run. And feel free to come back with more specific questions should you get stuck.

2 Likes

Thank you for a reply.