How to Change Area Type?!

Is it possible to change Area Type, like “Office Area”, “Building Common Area”, “Exterior Area”?

I’ve tried to get to the elements with the node “Element Types” but I can’t get acess to them it just give an error.

_"Warning: ElementQueries.OfElementType operation failed. _
Input type(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Area) is of an element type that exists in the API, but not in Revit’s native object model. Try using Autodesk.Revit.DB.SpatialElement instead, and then postprocessing the results to find the elements of interest.
Parameter name: type"

Can someone please help.
Thank you.

J

Hi, try spatialElement. Maybe it will work

Hey Tomasz, thanks,
It gives me rooms, I whant area types. :frowning:

Reviving this post as I couldnt see any other more relevant ones about how to set Area Type using Dynamo.

The one linked below is useful for READING the area type parameter value, but it also shows us that the storage type is an element ID and not a string.

Area Types are not listed as a category and they are not selectable under the ‘element types’ selection node. Further to this, if you get the parameter value (which returns an element) and then try the Element.ElementTypes node to return all available types nothing happens, it returns null.

Anyone know how to access the unique ElementIDs of the built in Area Types?