How to associate mark value or other parameter to surfaces?

hello, again guys I was working on the script for calculating formwork now it is complete but still missing some data see the below image.

now that I have got the intersected surface and removed them also but how can I associate with an element which generated these surfaces so that it will be easily recognized with elements that surface is and its value finally exporting it to excel with a mark or another parameter.

hello, you draw 4 lines large enough but not too big to intercept from the center of your column then you use this node
https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/Geometry/PolySurface/Action/LocateSurfacesByLine
here is an idea to dig
Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Hello @ Could you show your whole graph ? how have you get that surfaces ?

1 Like

Hi @jazzsharma200 …will you import these surface into revit ? if so you could try directshape or family instance by geometry etc…and then you could write to these elements parameters…
here is an exemple with direct shape…

2 Likes

Hi, here’s a bit more fleshed out answer with the approach mentioned earlier

Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Well I want to extrude it with a parameter and then import it inside revit and able to schedule it also

I added a possible branch via raybounce method.
Column and Beam Formwork Surface

cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Can you Share the dyn file also will it work in revit 2021?

Here, you can always try
26 Mars Forum anglais.dyn (93.0 KB)

cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

thnx bro you did it in matter of hours only from where you learnt dynamo ?

1 Like

thank you for the compliment, here just like you step by step, it’s full of advice and tips from many people

edit: I learned a lot by consulting Mr. Solamour’s document :+1:from a presentation in Ljubljana in 2018 (bedside book for a while :wink: I often come back to it, it doesn’t hurt)

cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

I will try this also thank you

1 Like