How to assign a Shared Parameter as a Project Parameter (Group and Category)?!

Hi there,
I have created a Shared Parameter.
Now, I would like to add this Shared Parameter as a Project Parameters, define its Group Parameter (SET) as well as its Category (Sheets).

This was the simplified version of the routine I need to solve, which is: I have created MANY shared parameters and now I need to add them one by one to the template and that will take a tedious amount of time!

This way I am hoping to do it by Dynamo!!

Thanks!

The Orchid package has a node for that. This should work for your problem.

1 Like

Hi,

Just to add a bit more detail to Jonobo’s response below. I used the Orchid package and the same node indicated but was confused at the time about what was being required/classified by the node when talking about parameter groups.

So to clarify - For the ‘groupName’ input it is requiring the relevant group of which the shared parameters are stored under within your shared parameters file. I fed ‘Project Infomation’ into this input as all of the shared parameters I was importing were within that subcategory in my shared parameters file (see below).

Shared Params Groups

Conversely - When you get to the ‘group’ input on the node, this is asking you within the project you are loading the shared parameters into which group you want each parameter under:

To do this for a number of different parameters I recommend building a 3 column list in excel of the shared parameters you wish to load and corresponding parameterGroups & group for each. Then feed that filtered list structure into each input for the nodes.

Hope the above helps.

3 Likes