How to apply a certain actions to UN-opened Revit Models

Dear All
I’m trying to apply these actions to multiple revit models at once
Any Ideas ??

The dynamo code hereunder
Apply Actions to un-opened revit models.dyn (12.5 KB)

Hi,

Please read the FAQ and next time add all relevant files (picture, .dyn, trials…)

You can begin like this :

It will open in background the revit files.
It’s impossible to perform actions on files without opening them.

thanks a lot but how could i link the above actions nodes to the models opened in background nodes

Did you really try with the graph I provided above ?
I do not normally do the work of others.

P.S : You maybe need to adjust levels and lacing on nodes. I didn’t try your graph.

thanks a lot Alban_de_Chasteigner for your reply
yes i tried the graph you provided in your first posting but my problem was how to link between opened model an the action i need to perform.
I don’t like from others to do my work , i just shared the pictures and the dynamo code to clarify the issue i need to solve
thanks again Alban_de_Chasteigner and apologize for any conflicts

You’re welcome.

Don’t forget to mark as solved the topic when your graphs will work.

i cant find the node from rhythm called " collector.elements of type in document "
i use dynamo 1.3.2 and rhythm 2017 version
please advise ??
do you mind if you share the .dyf file ??

The best is to update Rhythm
I think the former name of the node is “All elements of type in document”

Please Advise ??

You didn’t reproduce the “levels” in the nodes like in my picture.

still have the same issue :disappointed_relieved:

What are the errors ?

cant perform set parameter by name node it gives NULL

Hi,

You can’t keep the 3 “actions” on the same graph or you need to use some passthrough nodes.
You have to wait until I update my package. (“SetParameterByName in document” node)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORT
I’m Waiting for updating the package and will give u the feedback

I updated the package Genius Loci.
Don’t forget to divide into 3 parts your graph.

if i won’t to divide the graph, is the pass through node will help or not??

the problem is with the delete parameter part. If you delete the DOR_Number parameter at the same time that you set values, it can not work.

The parameter deletion part must be performed after action 1.

also i need to know , when i use close document with SAVE node
“SAVE” meaning synchronize with central if i was taking a local file or just it will save the local file only ??
and OPEN document node meaning open the central directly or create a local from it ??

i have tried this dynamo code with 3 actions without dividing them on a current document and it is working nice without any problem