How to add shared Parameters to my families in a folder?

2022-02-25_14h34_05
2022-02-25_14h38_01

Finaly it worked

i had to replace Yes/No thrue 1/0
I corrected Excelsheet from A,B,C,D2 to 1
And one Syntexerror Opject to Object :slight_smile:

1 Like

Edit, parameter was already in family my bad :rofl:

@Draxl_Andreas @GavinCrump Hi guys,

What am I doing wrong?

Hrm it all looks OK… maybe check out my video on the channel from Monday to see if something isn’t the same. Also try using booleans vs 1/0’s.

Yes it was okay, the parameter was already in my family. My bad :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

FYI:
This is a must, when you use “No/Yes” the parameter will add as instance even when you say “no”

1 Like

Hello! The script is giving an error at the List.indexof level. My Excel file has two rows: the first row contains the parameter names, and the second row contains the values. I would like to modify this script to allow me to choose a family in the model.

@mohamed.hassounE794Z ,

you can create a new topic, explain your issue well including screenshots and what you already achived!

KR

Andreas

I would like to create a Dynamo script that performs the integration of shared parameters into existing families in a Revit model. In the Excel file, the first row contains the parameter names, and the second row contains the parameter data. Furthermore, I would like to have the ability to select one of the existing families in the model.

Instead of opening the family documents, this Revit API method can take a family in the project and then open it. The rest of the script should be as per my video otherwise assuming you use the same file structure in Excel.

i do this script but I have one problem that I dont know the entry of node o|SharedParameter.Create Family document i don’t know how to bound it with family types.