How to add shared parameter to selected families of category

Hello :slight_smile:
I would like to know if it is possible to add shared parameter not to every element of choosen category?
I have got a lot of Doors in my project and I want to add parameter just to 80-90% of them. It could be done e.g. this way:

Thank You in advence,
Piotr

I don’t think that is possible, the way Revit works makes that you assign a Project Parameter to one or several categories, but not to elements.

Could you clarify why you are trying to do it? Maybe we can help you to find another solution.

2 Likes

I’ve got few doors families which represent gates to the garage or elevator’s door. I made a script to tag left/right doors and I want to put a tag to shared parameter but I don’t need it in every doors family in the project.

In this case it’s not necessary, because I can clear this parameter manually. But if it might be possible, why not to try :wink:

How about creating that shared parameter and then:

1. filter the category’s elements according to whether they have the left/right parameter - the ones that don’t have that parameter “filled” (something like a tick box in the second image) would be excluded out of the selection (20 or 10% in your case);
  2. apply your tag graph to the selected 80% - 90% doors

You can maintain the shared parameter even if it’s not used/checked in all of the family types. Does this make sense?