How do you group the beams same Type and Length? Thank you!

Hello all, I have 6 the beams but I want to have 4 mark. Now, I create dynamo and meet the big trouble that I just see 2 groups in a Node. Why the note Null? Please, I need your help! Thank you!

The nulls are because the list in item0 is only 2 items but the list in item1 is 4, so there are nulls when you try to transpose due to the difference in size.

1 Like

How do you fix it, Kennyb6?

What is the purpose of the Transpose? The top list are the different family types, the bottom list are the different lengths. How are you trying to combine them? I guess what I mean is, what are you looking for as the outcome?

I want to auto mark the beam with same length and type. Can I send my project to you and dynamo?
V2.dyn (11.6 KB)

OHHHH… I can do it! I just do it! Thank you bro!!! <3

Hello:) Can you share your Dynamo code please or which is the solution.

Ty

Hey @karen.velarde and welcome.

As far as automating a mark numbering system. A better data flow would be to group by the Type. Then sort/group that list by the length. Then from that point you work out the mark numbering.

It would be best if you explain what you are trying to accomplish and provide a clip of your graph that shows what you have tried already. We want to help guide and resolve your issues, versus providing the work for you. Also, you may want to start a new thread instead of appending to this one. That will yield quicker responses and also you can mark your thread as resolved when needed.

1 Like

Thanks Im begginer in dynamo. I need your help. I try to put mark witn beams with the same lenght but input I have 77 beams but output just 50 beams. the reason is i had 50 different marks but i dont know how can put in all beams and when I have the same puto the mark as well

thankssss

Try feeding your group list into the set parameter by value node as shown. If that doesn’t work, then you may have to monkey with lacing or levels.

1 Like

it works thanks so much !!!