How do you get start and end Points from Detail Lines?

I’m trying to pull start and end points from detail lines, and did have it working in an earlier version of dynamo, but it no longer works. Previously I was using Clockwork’s Element.Location node, and it still does what I want, but only with model lines. I’d prefer to keep using detail lines because they are view specific and wouldn’t require management elsewhere in the model.
Questions

1. Is there a way to pull start and end points (xyz) from detail lines? I’ve tried every curve node I can find, and none work with detail lines.

2. If that isn’t possible is there a way to convert detail lines to model lines and vice versa, to allow me to convert the lines, pull the points, then change them back to detail lines?

1 Like

Works for me.
You wouldn’t happen to have an old version of Clockwork installed? :wink:
There were some changes in the Revit 2017 API (or perhaps even 2016 R2) regarding line locations, but this was fixed in Clockwork for Dynamo 1.x

1 Like

I put working on the script on hold when I started using Dynamo 1x since the Clockwork package hadn’t updated, and added it to 1x fairly recently. The package manager shows that I’m using Clockwork for Dynamo 1.x, version 1.0.2.

I completely uninstalled Dynamo and reinstalled, and now it works - I suspect there were remenents from other versions causing problems