How convert the line to a curve

I want to ask a small question.
I got several unconnected lines.
But I convert the line to curve.

2 Likes

I think all the nodes that apply to curves can apply to lines.

In your example :

• PolyCurves.Curves node is not working because it is expecting a PolyCurve, not a curve/line.
  • Element.Curves is expecting a Revit Element.
  • CurveElement.Curve is also expecting a Revit element.

PolyCurve.ByJoinedCurves should be working, but i guess there is a problem with your lines. The error should be indicated by the node.

@mellouze
It show Curve join produced more than one WIRE in PolyCurve

Your lines do not form a closed curve then.

@mellouze
If it is not closed, is there a way to convert it?

use point.project

Hey,

This error often comes up with Room Boundaries, if that is the case, you could use Room.CentreBoundary to extract the curves.

Otherwise you are trying to rebuild the curves, possibly from end points, the best I have found is a node called Curve.SuperJoin-Archilab by Chinamo, but I have always found these methods to be fallible.

Hope that helps,

Mark

I do not see the Curve from Line node in the Rhythm package, where can I find it?

You can try

Script : https://gist.github.com/chuong9x/0d3730f00a8a6eb640529e56db653831

3 Likes

Hello everyone.

Is there someone that could help me finding this node? I mean, I have the same issue @Bill_Mutert has.

Hello @santrod0204 …you can try something here or try @chuongmep great solution…

1 Like

Hey @sovitek . I’ll try both. I don’t know why I didn’t notice @chuongmep answer before.

At any rate, thank you for your answer, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I just remembered the script I have for converting lines into wide flange structural beams. It takes lines from an AutoCRAP file and converts them into Revit families.

Depending on what you are trying to make, you can replace the last node.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hey @Bill_Mutert.

Thank you mate. It’s really helpful indeed.