How can we assign a type mark from a structural framing family to its corresponding detail item with the same family type name?

Hi everyone,
I hope someone can help me find a solution for this task.
I need to assign the type mark from the structural framing family types to the corresponding detail item family type mark. For example,

Structural Framing Family Type = 100x100x6EA —> Type Mark = SB1
Detail Item Family Type = 100x100x6EA ----> Type Mark = SB1 (I need dynamo to GET the parameter from structural family type mark and SET it to detail item with the same name.)

I appreciate your help. Thank you!

All Elements In View comes to mind, as Detail Items can only be in a view
View settings can narrow it down
Classic theme tho
oneside_a4 (1).pdf (601.2 KB)

Since you have an unequal number of items you need to create a relationship between.
If you can, Make a dictionary with Keys / Values.

Call those values back on the keys of the family.

Your issue is easy to understand. You can utilize the “Dictionary.ByKeysValues” node from the Springs package.
This node has four inputs. You need to provide “FamilyType.Name” from Structural Framing to the “Keys” input, “Type Mark” from Structural Framing to the “Values” input, “FamilyType.Name” from Detail Items for the “SearchKeys” input, and set a default value for the fourth input. This default value will be used when the “FamilyType.Name” from Detail Items is not found in Structural Framing. As a result, you’ll obtain the desired output, which will match the sequence of detail items. This output can then be used for the “SetParameterByName” operation.

1 Like