How can I change the name or type from "Civil Object" to other?

How can I change the name or type from “Civil Object” to “Network” in this case?

Hi @andre.demski,

I’m not sure why you want to do that. In case you want to use"Autodesk.Civil.DynamoNodes.PipeNetworks.PipeNetwork" in your python script, you can feed it in as input.
I tried getting all objects of type “PipeNetwork” but that didn’t work as explained by @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 in this post Selection method: "All Objects of Type" - #10 by Paolo_Emilio_Serra1.
So I guess you try this approach.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Hi,

I understand what you did. But if I’m not mistaken you could have set the name with your “Networks” from line 63 if you put "Networks.SetName(“Some_Name”).

And if you want to change the name of all networks in the file, just create a loop that accesses the entire list of available networks.

What I really want is to change the “Civil Object” of my image, like in Civil3DToolKit did in C# when creating the PipeNetworks Node, using ToString() and Format(). But when I do similar I have a String as a return and not a pipe network like he did.

I am also a little confused. A pipe network is a completely different class that Paolo defined. You’d need the constructor to return an object of that type, but why not just use PipeNetwork.ByName and skip the Python node altogether?