Host pipes to a topography surface

Hello everyone,

Anyone has found a forum, or a possible workflow to host pipe lines to a surface, so that i can assign a depth from the surface

You should post a couple of photos so we can understand what you want to do.

I assume you want to take the topography and set the pipe at (for example) -2 meters the top of grade?

Not sure how to do it, but maybe you draw the path in 2D, and then project it onto the topography. You will likely need to rebuild the line and then create the pipe from the xyz points.

Cheers,
Matt

Hello.

Yes i have created the pipes using the MEPover packages. So i have created all the pipes

This is the manual method would be to adjust in the section view in each pipe line as following, which will take days !

Ive also posted the question here to follow up.

Thank you

in the end did you manage to do it?
I have the same problem and the truth is I don’t know how to solve it

the only element category that can be hosted in topography is RAILING, then you can create a fake railing with a profile that generates a similar 3d object than the building service undeground, but you will not have connections with fittings, MEP systems and any other property or data as Revit pipes/conduits/ducts.

you can place also families over surfaces of topography

The hard way is to create Revit elements based on points projected over topography and offseted, but have to join and trim lines. This could be done with Dynamo but it is lotery to make it work?

Hello…if you want the curve follow the topography…something here could probably work or you can try with"pull into surface node and then offset the poly curve…and then create you pipes with mepover…

or…

5 Likes

We created this script a while back to resolve this situation.
You will need IronPython Installed.
It creates the pipes and ducts from the topography without fittings.

2 Likes

I am trying to use your dynamo script that you made, but I am getting stuck on which element to choose. What’s the workflow for this?

Hello,

It’s been a while since I used this script, can you share a screenshot
In essence you have to select the topography that you want the pipe to be aligned too, and the pipe that is going to be aligned