Hide a text type from all sheets?

I’m trying to hide all instance of a text note type from all sheets. Help please!

1 Like

Element.Owner View needs Elements inputs currently you’re feeding type. After List.FilterBoolMask get all elements of TextNoteType.

I’ve tried to obtain all the elements of type, but the nodes outputs nulls… What has gone wrong here?

Try to follow what classes you are using, the input and output of nodes will show you what class they want and what they give.

The FilterByBoolMask node uses the output of All Elements of Type node, which are elements. So why are you feeding element class into another All Elements of Type node, which asks for element type class? You already did all elements of type.

Just feed the element class (output of FilterByBoolMask) into the Element.OwnerView node.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. However element.ownerview node returns null…
All the text are on sheets, and i’d like to hide them all. Just struggling to figure out how to get this to work.

It’s not working because you start out by grabbing all of the types, checking which one is right, and then you want to find all text notes that match that type. I don’t know if there is a node that exists to find textnotes based on textnotetype.

You could make one using API collector calls but an alternative would be this:

hidetextnotes.dyn (17.2 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am trying to hide all elements of a text type in all views. I have unsuccessfully tried several methods. I think my selection is ok, but it seems to fail on the view.HideElements node. The output from that node reads:

[0] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 63, in
File “”, line 36, in ProcessListArg
File “”, line 36, in <lambda$268>
File “”, line 46, in HideElements
Exception: The set of elements to be hidden is empty.
Parameter name: elementIdSet

I am relatively new to using dynamo, any insights?