Help with geometry.trim to trim surfaces into smaller ones

Hello, following this topic:

I’ve tried to replicate the logic, what I need are exactly the divided (Trimmed) surfaces, or the closed polycurve so i can crop my original surface, but when I trim the surface by the extruded line, I end with 2 surfaces exactly like the first one. Any ideas of what is happening?

Test.dwg (1.3 MB) SplitGeometry.dyn (62.8 KB)

Ok, so it was not splitting cause the surface i was creating wasn’t instersecting with my previous one, i solved it and it started trimming, BUT, it does not exactly “trim” by the chosen lines, it only split it into 2 sides, one after each line, and one before (it cuts my surface in the exact number of lines, always trimming the same end, doesn’t matter which point I select in the “pick” input of trim geometry node). I want to trim it “between” the lines if possible… any one?

@guilhermeJHXAW,

Noticed you are creating a surface from 3D polyline, thats why the surface and extruded line dont intersect for trim/Split operation.

Not sure about this but For trimming in between two lines you have to trim the entity twice one with points on upstream and then point with down stream.

I wll suggest to split the geometry and select based on index …or let someone tell a better way if i am missing something.

well, you got it right about the 3d polyline, but my problem is with the “pick” input of the trim.geometry, i guess… I tried to chop my pick points by 2, so i’d have 2 points for each “geometry” i took, and could erase the upper and bottom sides, leaving only the “middle” piece, which is what i wanted, but it doesn’t seen to work either… I guess that is not the best way of solving this problem, I tried the “crop” node yesterday a little, which i was only using to crop inside the closed polyline in my old workflow, and it seens to work (sorta) with open polylines, but i need more time understanding how to control it, but if you account it only takes the point INSIDE the region i want to crop, i can bypass the pick problem i’m having that i told. If I got any progress, i’ll come here to let you know

Thanks for the reply

EDIT: Hmmm, i think i got what you said about trimming the entity twice… will try it later when i go back to my computer