How to create closed polycurves or polygons from autocad polylines

ultimately, I want to use the Geometry Intersectall node to find the intersecting closed areas of two geometries, but first I imported in the polylines and converted the geometry to polycurves, I don’t know how to close my poycurves.

any advice is appreciated, thanks

Hello Marshmallow - welcome to the community!

Could you please post a screenshot of your graph? That way it’s easier for everyone to understand :slight_smile:

This graph below may start to help if I’ve guessed what you are after. The PolyCurve.ByJoinedCurves node needs to have lines that are in a singular closed curve - you can’t have branches of lines (i.e like a tree).

Thank you for the quick response. Here is a screenshot

I am trying to figure out the intersection areas circled in red

Thanks!

Capture|690x385

Are you able to share the originating DWG? If they are on different layers then we can probably do something! Exploding the Geometry makes it a little more difficult too parse.

If you can share - we can have a look at it :slight_smile:

Hey,

Just out of curiosity, which package are you using?

A couple of points which are hopefully of interest…

As Sol is alluding to, there is a lot of geometry in your image, we’ll want to try and find a way of isolating those particular areas, ideally by layer or object type?

If there is a dwg hatch there, you can extract that as a closed polycurve and bring it in ready for patching.

Otherwise, polycurve by points might be handy, along with prune duplicates & Is Closed :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on!

Mark

I am using dynamo for Civil 3d, no third party packages are installed!

I ended up importing closed polylines and using the surface patch… that was a lot easier than importing them as separate polycurves!

Thanks

2 Likes